Software development is such a fun, but only when everything goes as per our wish. When things go wrong, blame game starts. By default, the blame is attached to software developer since he designed the software, but being smart by nature (aha!), software developer never accept it and below are some of the standard replies you can heard from him. I am no exception to this, either! 😉
20. What? Really? How is that possible?
19. I haven’t touched that module in weeks!
18. It was working yesterday.
17. That’s weird!
16. You must have the wrong version.
15. What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?
14. Your are feeding in wrong data
13. It’s never done that before
12. This can’t be the source of that.
11. It must be a hardware problem.
10. It works, but it hasn’t been tested.
9. It’s just some unlucky coincidence.
8. Somebody must have changed my code.
7. Did you check for a virus on your system?
6. Even though it doesn’t work, how does it look?
5. I can’t test everything!
4. You can’t use that version on your system.
3. Why do you want to do it that way?
2. Where were you when the program blew up?
and here is the all-time-favorite reply…
1. It works on my machine!
Please note that this is my serious attempt to look at the humor in the software development. All the pun is intended. If you are a software developer, what other creative replies you come up with to defend yourselves from notorious testers and users? How many of the above you have used? Let me know by leaving comments and keep geeking!