Guest Posting Guidelines
What is a Guest Post?
A guest post, in simple words, is a unique post content submitted by the author on a blog, other than his own. It is upto the blog owner whether to accept a guest post or not. The guest post, when published, provide free backlinks to author’s site/blog as well as great amount of traffic.
Benefits of Guest Posting on Let’s Geek?
- You get huge exposure and can reach out to wider audience with your post. If your post is a quality-post, it’s surely going to bring you loads of visitors to your site. Be ready!
- Free life-long DoFollow backlinks. Let’s Geek is a PR2 blog and you get quality DoFollow backlinks as a part of guest posting. This will surely going to give you a boost in Google SERP (Search Engine Results Page) as well as PageRank
- Free promotion of your blog article. I personally promote the guest posts on varios social bookmarking sites like Stumbleupon, Digg as well as on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz. Of course, I am not discouraging you to promote your article in any way you want, but any free promotion of your quality stuff gets you closer to your audience, right?
- Last but not the least, guest posting is FREE. You don’t have to pay anything except your time.
Guest Posting Guidelines
Okay. So you are ready to submit a blog post to Let’s Geek. Wait! Take a moment to check whether your blog post follows below guidelines:
- First and foremost, a guest post must be completely unique and must not be published on any other site (including your own)
- A post can be just about anything relevant to the subject of my blog, which is technology and blogging
- A post can contain maximum of two dofollow backlinks to your or any other site you wish to link to.
- A post can be plain text (.txt), rich text (.rtf), MS Word (.doc) with appropriate html formatting tags. Feel free to add images or image links wherever necessary. Make sure you don’t include copyrighted images.
- Make sure your post doesn’t fall into one of the below types:
- Self Promotion
- Pornographic contents
- Racial/Sexual discrimination
- Spam links
- Post published on Let’s Geek can not be reproduced on any other site in any form
- It would be useful if you could send picture of yourself alongwith post.
- Please add introduction paragraph about yourself (maximum 3-4 lines including backlinks) at the top or bottom of the post
How To Submit A Guest Post?
Ready to get your hands dirty and start guest posting? Great! When you are ready with guest post, you can just send me the post as well as relevant stuff (like images) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually, I will revert back to you within 24 hours replying whether I have accepted your post or not. Once I accept the post, it may take me a while to publish it on Let’s Geek depending on my schedule. You can expect a mail from me with a link to published post, once I publish it.
So what are you waiting for? Get you blogging genius out and blow me away with your shining guest post!