WordPress 3.0, the much awaited wordpress release so far, finally arrived and I was excited to try to it out on my blog just like so many bloggers out there. I did and I was exploring the new features of this setup when I ran into the problem. I have Thesis theme version 1.7 installed on my blog, as you may already know and everything was looking compatible with WordPress 3 till I clicked on Custom File Editor option of Thesis.
I was confronted with the below error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function use_codepress() in /home/content/46/5420546/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/admin/admin.php on line 42
What’s The Solution?
Well, it’s pretty simple! Follow the below steps and you should be good.
1. Connect to your domain host using FTP client like FileZilla (my favorite!)
2. Go to the location mentioned in the error message i.e. wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/admin/
3. Download admin.php to your local machine and open it using any editor of your choice
4. Just comment out line number 42 (mentioned in the error message) by adding two forward slashes before it:
//if (use_codepress()) add_action('admin_print_footer_scripts', 'codepress_footer_js');
5. Upload the updated admin.php to the wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/admin/ and you are done!
You should be able to use Custom File Editor now without any hassle. The only thing missing would be syntax highlighting, but until Thesis developers come out with some concrete solution, we will have to live with that. I am sure Thesis team is already looking for alternative solutions. Keep your fingers crossed and keep geeking!
P. S. Don’t forget to keep backup copy of admin.php, just in case anything goes wrong.Similar Posts You May Like
- What’s Wrong With Blogging – Blogger’s Perspective Yesterday, I looked at reader's take on What's wrong with blogging - a question asked by Darren Rowse on his blog. Today I want to write about the aspects of blogging which I feel are still undeveloped. Few years ago, blogging was unheard of and there were only few hobbyists......
- 7 Ways To Use Google Buzz Effectively Did you know about the hot cake in town? I bet you already. Yes, you are right! It's Google Buzz which is creating quite a stir among social media enthusiastics, bloggers, celebrities, friends, geeks, nerds, carrots and beans. It's only about a week since the launch of Google Buzz, but......
- 6 Things To Avoid "Thesis" Look For Your Blog I am bored. Yes, I am bored of looking blogs with same "thesis"-ly look. I have no idea why people buy Thesis theme and then just leave it as it is. I mean, Thesis looks good with its default look and feel and I agree that you bought Thesis just......
- All You Need To Know About RSS Yesterday I was chatting with one of my younger sisters and walking her through this blog. While going through the homepage, she noticed a link saying "Subscribe Posts". She was clueless about it. I, then, went ahead and explained to her all the nitty-gritty details of RSS - what are......
- Thesis Theme: What's So Special About It? If you are a regular reader of Let's Geek, you might have noticed that I upgraded my blog to Thesis framework about a month ago. Thesis is a premium wordpress theme designed to be SEO-optimized, clean-coded and easy to customize. But why to go for a paid theme, when there......