WordPress 3.0, the much awaited wordpress release so far, finally arrived and I was excited to try to it out on my blog just like so many bloggers out there. I did and I was exploring the new features of this setup when I ran into the problem. I have Thesis theme version 1.7 installed on my blog, as you may already know and everything was looking compatible with WordPress 3 till I clicked on Custom File Editor option of Thesis.
I was confronted with the below error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function use_codepress() in /home/content/46/5420546/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/admin/admin.php on line 42
What’s The Solution?
Well, it’s pretty simple! Follow the below steps and you should be good.
1. Connect to your domain host using FTP client like FileZilla (my favorite!)
2. Go to the location mentioned in the error message i.e. wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/admin/
3. Download admin.php to your local machine and open it using any editor of your choice
4. Just comment out line number 42 (mentioned in the error message) by adding two forward slashes before it:
//if (use_codepress()) add_action('admin_print_footer_scripts', 'codepress_footer_js');
5. Upload the updated admin.php to the wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/admin/ and you are done!
You should be able to use Custom File Editor now without any hassle. The only thing missing would be syntax highlighting, but until Thesis developers come out with some concrete solution, we will have to live with that. I am sure Thesis team is already looking for alternative solutions. Keep your fingers crossed and keep geeking!
P. S. Don’t forget to keep backup copy of admin.php, just in case anything goes wrong.Similar Posts You May Like
- 10 Basic Tips for Securing Your Computer Today, most people have personal information, including financial information and family photos on their personal computer. All it takes is one virus or worm to destroy all of your information, making it vital to protect your computer. Protecting your computer is the best way to ensure all of your personal......
- Thesis Theme: What's So Special About It? If you are a regular reader of Let's Geek, you might have noticed that I upgraded my blog to Thesis framework about a month ago. Thesis is a premium wordpress theme designed to be SEO-optimized, clean-coded and easy to customize. But why to go for a paid theme, when there......
- Check Out Wordpress 3.0 Sticky Thread For Issues If you have recently upgraded to Wordpress 3.0 and facing problems while upgrading, do check out the sticky that has been created in Wordpress forums regarding Wordpress 3.0 Issues, Problems, Resolutions. So far, problems have been reported regarding TSG podcasting plugin, Headspace2 plugin, events-calendar plugin error, allowed memory size exhausted......
- 7 Tips for Printing Web Pages Printing web pages is very useful for many people. Business owners might need to print web orders or invoices. Online shoppers may print the confirmation page for a recent order. Also, people who pay bills online may print pages for their records. Whatever the reason, printing web pages can be......
- 7 Ways To Use Google Buzz Effectively Did you know about the hot cake in town? I bet you already. Yes, you are right! It's Google Buzz which is creating quite a stir among social media enthusiastics, bloggers, celebrities, friends, geeks, nerds, carrots and beans. It's only about a week since the launch of Google Buzz, but......